Audiology services at Lima Memorial Health System include hearing testing, evaluation and therapy programs designed to improve the hearing abilities of patients of all ages. Our highly experienced audiologist on the Lima Memorial Rehabilitation Services team possesses a doctorate (AuD or PhD) in the field and offers the best care available for the diagnosis and treatment of hearing and balance disorders.
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations
- Hearing aid consultations
- Hearing aid fittings
- Dispensing of a wide range of hearing aid styles and technologies (including in-ear and invisible)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing
- Videonystagmography (VNG) testing
- Tinnitus Evaluation for tinnitus (noise in the ear, such as ringing) assessment and treatment
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) testing
The Lima Memorial Balance Center offers a team approach with an audiologist, physical therapist and an Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) physician, if necessary, to diagnose and treat people suffering from dizziness or imbalance.
The team uses comprehensive tests and studies a patient’s balance and other physical skills to develop and implement treatment plans, such as vestibular rehabilitation or a balance retraining program.
How do you know if you might have a hearing problem?
Here are ten symptoms that indicate you may have hearing loss and should consult a hearing specialist:
- If you have problems hearing over the phone
- If it is hard to follow a conversation when two or more people talk at same time
- If people complain that the television volume is too high
- If you strain to understand conversations
- If you have trouble hearing in a noisy background
- If you keep asking people to repeat themselves
- If it seems like many other people are mumbling or not speaking clearly
- If you often misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately
- If you have trouble understanding what women and children are saying
- If people get frustrated with you because you do not understand them
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to speak with an audiologist. To learn more, call our Audiology practice at 419-226-5070. To schedule an appointment, first fax your doctor's order forms to Lima Memorial Audiology at 419-998-4548.
For more information about hearing and hearing loss, visit the National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Medline Plus.