Our rehabilitation therapy services offer patients activities and exercises to steadily improve their physical capabilities and range of motion.
Following an evaluation by a physical therapist, and with an established plan of care, the rehabilitation therapy team provides a thorough course of treatment and rehabilitation with a variety of therapy programs. There are programs available at the Lima YMCA and on the Lima Memorial main campus.
Physical Therapy at the YMCA
- Postural Restoration®
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Aquatic therapy for both children and adults
- Vestibular rehab and balance training, including concussion management
- Work reconditioning / Work-related injuries
- Pelvic floor therapy and women’s and men’s health
- Traditional orthopaedic / neurologic assessment and treatment
- Parkinson's disease program to help delay the effects of the disease through exercise
- Dry needling
Lima Memorial Main Campus
- Evaluation and individualized treatment for specific disorders which affect a child's balance, coordination, endurance, range of motion, strength, gait and mobility
- Pediatric balance training to improve walking and basic mobility skills for children with neurological and / or balance problems
- Treatment for torticollis, a neck tightness that can cause muscle imbalance and abnormal positioning
- Gross motor skills assessment and treatment
- Appropriate recommendations for orthotic intervention, when indicated
- Functional mobility and independence to enhance participation in the home and community
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about Physical Therapy at the YMCA and programs at the Lima Memorial main campus, call 419-226-5075.