Youth ExploringTM Program
Lima Memorial is committed to helping students learn more about healthcare opportunities available to them and promoting health care as a career choice. As a health career explorers post, our goal is to provide high school students with positive and meaningful, real-world experiences and leadership development opportunities in their healthcare field(s) of interest. We are committed to equipping area youth with leadership and life skills that can be used both today and in the future.
What is Exploring?
ExploringTM exists to teach important life and career skills to young people from all backgrounds through immersive career experiences and mentorship provided by community and business leaders. This program is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. The result is a program of interactive activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow and develop.
- Participate in hands-on experiences
- Network with our associates who work in a healthcare career on a daily basis
- Learn about the latest technology in healthcare
- Learn about the educational requirements for a career in healthcare
- Practice leadership skills
SIGN UP for a Career Exploration Session
Job Shadowing at Lima Memorial
We are excited for your interest in health care and the job shadowing experience at Lima Memorial Health System. We offer numerous opportunities for students to learn about a variety of healthcare careers in clinical and non-clinical settings, as well as allow college students to obtain experiences for degree requirements.
Why Explore Health Care as a Profession?
- A career in health care has many rewarding opportunities, including:
- Making a difference in patients’ quality of life
- Positively impacting the patient and family healthcare experience
- Becoming part of a team and family-oriented environment
- Working in a fast-paced field with advanced, life-saving technology
- Having the opportunity to meet new people every day
Through the job shadowing experience at Lima Memorial, you will be able to learn about healthcare careers and the skills required for different occupations. By observing our healthcare professionals in action, you will be able to explore your own interests while having the opportunity to experience the great care Lima Memorial provides patients and their families. You will develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of the different career fields within our health system.
How to Apply
Students who are interested in job shadowing must complete the required applications below and return it to email@example.com
*You must be 16 years or older to shadow in Surgery, OB, Laboratory, and ICU