Outpatient Physical Therapy
The Outpatient Physical Therapy Department at Lima Memorial offers patients activities and exercises to steadily improve their physical capabilities and range of motion.
Following an evaluation by a physical therapist and an established plan of care, the department provides a thorough course of treatment and rehabilitation through outpatient programs.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Programs
- alance therapy for patients experiencing dizziness, using maneuvers that have eliminated dizziness for 100% of patients who don’t have inner ear problems and 90% of those who do
- Fall prevention/balance retraining, offering balance exercises and fall prevention strategies
- Infant massage for distressed newborns and infants in Lima Memorial Family Birth Center
- Urowellness program for patients with stress/urge incontinence or overactive bladder
- Equestrian therapy (hippotherapy) at a local farm to help children improve posture, head control, endurance, and social skills by working with and riding horses
Lima Memorial offers other types of physical rehabilitation services for those with a variety of physical needs.