Urology Evaluation and Treatment of the Urinary Tract System
Advanced Care for Adults
Urology is the specialty of medicine involving evaluation and treatment of urinary tract issues and diseases, also including benign diseases. This encompasses kidney stones and urination dysfunction, as well as malignant diseases of the kidney, prostate and bladder.
Our Lima Memorial urologists offer office evaluations and office-based procedures. If any type of urologic surgery is needed, many of our physicians specialize in minimally invasive surgeries—including robotic surgeries—along with a variety of endoscopic procedures for stones and urinary tract dysfunctions.
Adopting the Latest Advancements in Urology
To provide the highest quality of urology care to our patients, we are constantly advancing our services through new technologies.
The Urologists at LMHS Urology treat the following conditions:
- Urodynamics, including urination dysfunction
- Pelvic pain syndrome, including bladder pain syndrome and chronic prostatitis
- Urology cancers such as kidney, prostate, bladder, testicular and penile
- Kidney stones, as well as urinary and bladder stones
- Reconstructive surgery
- Urinary diversions
- Fertility and men’s health, including erectile dysfunction
Prostate Exams and Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is 100% treatable if detected early with a simple, prostate exam.
Discuss having a prostate exam and PSA blood test with your primary care provider if you are a man who is:
- Age 50 or older
- Age 40 or older with a first-degree relative diagnosed with prostate cancer
- African-American age 45 or older with a first-degree relative diagnosed with prostate cancer
Not everyone experiences symptoms of prostate cancer. Many times, signs of prostate cancer are first detected by a doctor during a routine check-up. A simple exam can save your life.
For more information, call Lima Memorial Health System Urology at 419-998-8276.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I get a prostate exam?
You should get a prostate exam if you are a male, age 50 or older; age 40 or older with a first-degree relative diagnosed with prostate cancer, or an African-American age 45 or older with a first-degree relative diagnosed with prostate cancer.
How do I schedule an appointment with a Urologist?
You can call our team at 419-998-8276.