Menthol (On the skin)
Treats minor aches and pains in muscles and joints caused by arthritis, backache, strains, or sprain.
Arctic Relief, Bengay Vanishing Scent Gel, Biofreeze, Biofreeze Cold Therapy Pain Relief, Biofreeze Professional, Biofreeze Professional Roll-On, Biofreeze Roll-On, CareALL Muscle & Joint, Dr. Greenfield's Rid-A-Pain, Flexall, Flexall Maximum Strength, Icy Hot Vanishing Scent, Leader Ice Blue, Mineral Ice, Pain Care Muscle & Joint GelThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not apply to wounds, or damaged or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently. Do not apply this medicine for more than 4 times a day.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
- Keep this medicine away from heat or open flame. Do not use it with a heating pad or device.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products (including ointments, creams, sprays, or liniments) on the treated skin areas.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or if you have sensitive skin.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/10/2021