Ebola zaire vaccine, live (By injection)
Ebola Zaire Vaccine, Live (ee-BOW-luh zaa-EER vak-SEEN, lyve)
Used to prevent disease caused by Zaire ebolavirus.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This vaccine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to Ebola zaire vaccine or rice protein.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given as a shot into one of your muscles.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicine that weakens the immune system.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a weak immune system.
- This vaccine may not protect everyone completely.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache, nausea, tiredness
- Joint or muscle pain
- Pain, redness, itching, swelling, rash, or a lump where the shot was given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/16/2021