Glycopyrronium tosylate (On the skin)
Glycopyrronium Tosylate (glye-koe-pir-OH-nee-um TOS-i-late)
Treats excessive underarm sweating.
QbrexzaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not take this medicine if you had an allergic reaction to glycopyrronium tosylate, or if you have glaucoma, unstable heart or blood vessel disease, or stomach or bowel problems (including paralytic ileus, severe ulcerative colitis, or toxic megacolon), myasthenia gravis, or Sjogren syndrome.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Apply this medicine to clean, dry skin on your underarm areas only. Do not get it into your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not swallow the medicine or apply over broken skin.
- To use the cloth:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Tear open the pouch and pull out the cloth.
- Unfold the cloth and wipe across one underarm one time. Use the same cloth and wipe across the other underarm one time.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
- Missed dose: Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep this medicine away from heat or flame.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, prostate or bladder problems, or trouble passing urine.
- This medicine may cause blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you.
- This medicine may keep you from sweating enough, which may cause your body to get too hot. Be careful in hot weather, and while you exercise or use a sauna or whirlpool.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision
- Decrease in urine volume, painful urination
- Unable to sweat, feeling overheated, unexplained high fever
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth
- Mouth or throat pain
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/10/2021