Technetium tc 99m disofenin (By injection)
Technetium Tc 99m Disofenin (tek-NEE-shee-um Tc 99m dye-soe-FEN-in)
Used to view your liver, gallbladder, and bile duct.
HepatoliteThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to technetium or disofenin.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A doctor or other health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- Do not eat for at least 4 hours before you receive this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Your doctor may tell you to pump and discard your breast milk for a short time after you receive this medicine.
- You will be exposed to radiation when you are given this medicine. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, or red skin rash
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the shot is given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018