Dimethicone (On the skin)
Treats and prevents severely dry or chapped skin and other skin irritations.
Advanced Healing, Aloe Vesta Daily Moisturizer, Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief, Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Lotion, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Aveeno Intense Relief Overnight Cream, Aveeno Skin Relief, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Cavilon EmollientThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to dimethicone.
How to Use This Medicine:
Kit, Cream, Ointment, Lotion, Pad, Stick, Spray, Gel/Jelly
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Clean minor wounds before applying this medicine.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently. Do not rub in the medicine that came in a pad, swab, or spray. Allow the pad, swab, or spray medicine to dry before covering the skin.
- Shake the aerosol can just before using. Hold the can 3 to 6 inches from the skin and spray for about 2 seconds.
- Do not inhale this medicine or use it near heat or an open flame. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can.
- Apply this medicine as often as needed unless your doctor tells you not to.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- If someone accidentally swallows some of this medicine, call your local poison control center.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Do not use this medicine on serious burns, animal bites, deep wounds, or on skin that is infected unless your doctor tells you to.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Increased redness or blistering on the skin.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/6/2020