Mineral supplement combination (By mouth)
Supplies your body with minerals if you are not getting enough through your regular diet.
666 Preparation w/quiNINE, Alka-Seltzer Heartburn Relief, Dolomite, Florical, Leader Slow Magnesium Chloride with Calcium, Life-Pack Women's, Mag 64, MagDelay, Monocal, Nature's Blend Calcium Magnesium and Zinc, Nu-Mag, Nutra-Support Bone, One-A-Day Teen Vitacraves, Slow-Mag, SlowMag Mg Muscle+HeartThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the minerals that are in the specific supplement you are using. The label on the package should list all of the minerals that the supplement contains.
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Delayed Release Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Coated Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Liquid, Powder
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Some minerals, such as calcium, may need to be taken with food or milk. Read the package label to find out if you need to take your supplement with food or milk.
- Some oral liquid supplements can be mixed with water or juice. Read the package label to find out how to take your supplement if you want to mix it in water or juice.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose of a mineral supplement is usually not a problem.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Some oral liquid supplements need to be stored in the refrigerator. Read the package label to find out how to store your liquid supplement. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines contain minerals. For example, many antacid medicines (such as Tums®) contain magnesium and calcium. Read the label on any medicine to make sure you are not getting too many minerals.
- Some minerals can interfere with other medicines. You might need to take your mineral supplement at a different time than you take other medicines. If you are using any other medicine, ask your pharmacist or doctor about this.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Some minerals should not be used if you have certain health problems. If you have an on-going disease or other health problem, do not use this medicine unless your doctor says it is okay. Some health problems that could be affected by minerals are cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, kidney stones, food allergies, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), or problems with your hyperparathyroid gland.
- If you are using a mineral supplement that contains iron, it might have enough iron to poison a small child. Be very careful to keep this medicine out of the reach of children. If a child does swallow some of this medicine, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nausea, loss of appetite, or upset stomach
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/16/2021