Phenol (By mouth)
Relieves pain and soreness in your mouth, gums, or throat.
Assure Sore Throat, Chloraseptic, Chloraseptic Sore Throat, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Sore Throat Spray, Good Sense Sore Throat, Leader Sore Throat Spray, Phenaseptic, Sore Throat, Sore Throat Spray, Sunmark Sore Throat Spray, TopCare Sore Throat Spray, Triaminic Sore ThroatThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to phenol.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- To use the spray: Spray the medicine on the sore area. Let the medicine remain in place for 15 seconds, then spit it out. Repeat every 2 hours or as directed by your doctor or dentist. Supervise a child younger than 12 who is using this medicine.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sore throat with fever, rash, swelling, headache, nausea, vomiting, or difficulty breathing.
- Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve in 7 days.
- Do not give this medicine to a child younger than 6 years unless your doctor or dentist tells you to.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 8/5/2022