Potassium/sodium chloride premix (By injection)
Potassium Chloride (poe-TAS-ee-um KLOR-ide), Sodium Chloride (SOE-dee-um KLOR-ide)
Corrects mineral and fluid levels in your body.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines and foods can affect how this potassium/sodium mixture works. Tell your doctor if you are using corticotropin or a steroid (such as hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisone, prednisolone, dexamethasone).
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart failure or kidney disease.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Blood levels of salt or potassium that are too high
- Too much fluid in your body
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Confusion, weakness, uneven heartbeat, trouble breathing, numbness in your hands, feet, or lips
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed
- Rapid weight gain, swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Thirst, confusion, restlessness
- Trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018