Hylan polymers A and B (By injection)
Hylan Polymers A and B (HYE-lan POL-a-mers A and B)
Treats knee pain caused by osteoarthritis.
Synvisc, Synvisc OneThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to hyaluronan (sodium hyaluronate) products, or if you have knee joint infection, or a skin disease or infection at the injection site.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how many injections you will need. This medicine is injected into your knee joint.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have poor blood circulation or a history of blood clots in your legs. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to bird products, including poultry, feathers, or eggs.
- Do not strain your knee joint for 48 hours after receiving this medicine. Avoid activities, including jogging, soccer, tennis, heavy lifting, or standing on your feet for a long time.
- Your doctor might have to remove fluid from your joint before injecting this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Severe redness, swelling, pain, or stiffness in your joint
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild increase in pain, swelling, or stiffness in your knee
- Mild pain, redness, or swelling where the medicine was injected
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/16/2021