Multivitamins with minerals (By mouth)
Used as a dietary supplement.
Ace + Z, Aces, Aces Plus Zinc, ActivNutrients, Advanced Calcium Formula, Advanced Stress Formula Plus Zinc, Airborne, Airborne Kids, Amladex, Antioxidant Formula, Azesco, Bariatric Fusion, Basic's Women's Multivitamin Health Formula, Bugs Bunny Complete, Calcium Citrate+D3There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to a vitamin, multivitamin, or any mineral (including fluoride, calcium, iron, zinc, and others).
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Packet, Spray, Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- Capsule or tablet: Swallow the medicine whole, unless the directions say you can break, crush, or chew the vitamin. Some tablets have a special coating and should not be chewed.
- Chewable tablets: Chew the tablets thoroughly before swallowing.
- Oral liquid: Measure the vitamins with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, medicine dropper, or medicine cup. You may mix the liquid with food.
- Spray: Spray the liquid directly into your mouth, on the inside of your cheek. Wait 30 seconds before swallowing.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how multivitamins and minerals work. Tell your doctor if you are using blood thinners.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Vitamin supplements can sometimes make the stool darker and the urine dark yellow. This is normal.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, stomach upset
- Staining of teeth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/21/2022