Alcohol use disorder - resourcesResources - alcoholism
The following organizations are good resources for information on alcohol use disorder:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets.htm
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism -- www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration -- www.samhsa.gov/find-help/atod
Support programs include:
- Al-Anon Family Groups -- al-anon.org
- Alcoholics Anonymous -- www.aa.org
- LifeRing Secular Recovery -- lifering.org
- Moderation Management -- moderation.org
- SMART Recovery -- www.smartrecovery.org
- Women for Sobriety -- womenforsobriety.org
Review Date: 11/12/2022
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David C. Dugdale, MD, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- A.D.A.M., a business unit of Ebix, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.