Celiac disease - resources
Resources - celiac disease
I Would Like to Learn About:
If you have celiac disease, it is very important that you receive counseling from a registered dietitian who specializes in celiac disease and gluten-free diets. An expert can tell you where to buy gluten-free products and will share important resources that explain your disease and treatment.
A dietitian can also provide counseling on conditions that commonly occur with celiac disease, such as:
The following organizations provide additional information:
- Celiac Disease Foundation -- celiac.org
- National Celiac Association -- nationalceliac.org
- Gluten Intolerance Group -- gluten.org
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/celiac-disease
- Beyond Celiac -- www.beyondceliac.org
- US National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus -- medlineplus.gov/celiacdisease.html
Review Date: 3/16/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2021 A.D.A.M., a business unit of Ebix, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.