Diabetes – resources
Resources - diabetes
I Would Like to Learn About:
The following sites provide further information on diabetes:
- American Diabetes Association -- www.diabetes.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/diabetes/home/index.html
- Endocrine Society, Hormone Health Network -- www.endocrine.org/patient-engagement/endocrine-library/diabetes-and-endocrine-function
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International -- www.jdrf.org
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes
- National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus -- medlineplus.gov/diabetes.html
- Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) -- www.diabeteseducator.org/
The following organizations have information on diabetes-related complications.
Diabetic retinopathy resources:
- National Eye Institute -- www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/diabetic-retinopathy
- American Academy of Ophthalmology -- www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-diabetic-retinopathy
Diabetic neuropathy (nerve pain) resources:
- American Chronic Pain Association -- www.theacpa.org
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/health-information/disorders/diabetic-neuropathy
Kidney disease resources:
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease
- National Kidney Foundation -- www.kidney.org/atoz/atozTopic_Diabetes
Review Date: 2/1/2022
Reviewed By: Sandeep K. Dhaliwal, MD, board-certified in Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Springfield, VA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2022 A.D.A.M., a business unit of Ebix, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.