Cetirizine (Into the eye)
Treats eye itching caused by allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye).
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Contact lenses: Remove contact lenses before you put the drops in your eyes. Wait at least 10 minutes before you put them back in. Do not wear contact lenses if your eyes are red.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- This medicine may be stored in a cool, dry place or at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use this medicine for irritation caused by contact lenses.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Decreased vision or other vision problems
- Redness, itching, or pain in the eye
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 1/4/2018