Crotalidae immune f(ab)2 (equine) (By injection)
Crotalidae Immune F(ab)2 (Equine) (kroe-TAL-i-dee i-MUNE fab 2 (EE-kwyne))
Treats symptoms caused by a North American rattlesnake bite.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to crotalidae immune F(ab)2 (equine).
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you had an allergic reaction to horses, horse blood products, or cresol.
- This medicine may cause a serious allergic reaction called serum sickness.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Itching skin or rash, joint or muscle pain, fever
- Rapid weight gain, swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Red or dark brown urine or stools
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 1/4/2018