Cangrelor (By injection)
Helps prevent heart attack, stroke, and other heart problems. This medicine is a blood thinner.
KengrealThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to cangrelor, or if you have active bleeding.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
- Some foods and medicines can affect how cangrelor works. Tell your doctor if you are using clopidogrel or prasugrel.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have bleeding problems.
- This medicine may cause you to bleed and bruise more easily. Be careful to avoid injuries.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bloody or black, tarry stools, red or dark brown urine
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 1/4/2018