Aluminum, magnesium, and simethicone antacid (By mouth)
Aluminum Hydroxide (a-LOO-mi-num hye-DROX-ide), Magnesium Hydroxide (mag-NEE-zee-um hye-DROX-ide), Simethicone (sye-METH-i-kone)
Treats upset stomach, heartburn, and gas.
Almacone, Almacone Double Strength, Aluminum-Magnesium Hydroxide-Simethicone, Antacid, Antacid Anti-Gas, Antacid Extra Strength, Antacid Liquid, Antacid and Gas Relief, Antacid w/Simethicone, Antacid-Antigas, Equaline Antacid, Equate Antacid, Geri-Lanta, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Antacid, Good Neighbor Pharmacy MaSantiThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to simethicone, aluminum, or magnesium.
How to Use This Medicine:
Liquid, Tablet, Capsule, Chewable Tablet
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Liquid: Shake well just before you measure a dose. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Chewable tablet: Do not swallow whole. Chew thoroughly before you swallow.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
- Talk with your doctor before you use this medicine if you are on a low-salt or low-magnesium diet.
- Antacids affect how your body absorbs other medicines. You might need to take this antacid at a different time than your other medicines. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 1/4/2018