Lanolin (On the skin)
Treats cracked, dry, irritated skin and minor burns. Prevents and treats sore nipples during breastfeeding.
Lan-O-Soothe, Lanolin-GRX, Lanolor, Lansinoh Breastfeeding Starter Set, Lansinoh For Breast Feeding Mothers, Lansinoh HPA Lanolin, Lantiseptic Daily Care Skin Protectant, Lantiseptic Dry Skin Therapy, Medseptic Skin ProtectantThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to lanolin.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently. Do not apply to deep or puncture wounds.
- Ointment for sore nipples during breastfeeding:
- Apply a pea-sized amount to the entire nipple area after each feeding or as needed.
- You may also apply the ointment before a shower to protect sensitive nipples.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are using a product that contains other ingredients in addition to lanolin, make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2018