Doxylamine/pyridoxine (By mouth)
Doxylamine Succinate (dox-IL-a-meen SUX-i-nate), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (pir-i-DOX-een hye-droe-KLOR-ide)
Treats nausea and vomiting during pregnancy (also called morning sickness).
Bonjesta, DiclegisThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to doxylamine, pyridoxine, or similar medicines, or if you are breastfeeding.
How to Use This Medicine:
Delayed Release Tablet, Long Acting Tablet
- Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use this medicine together with an MAO inhibitor (MAOI).
- Tell your doctor if you use anything else that makes you sleepy. Some examples are allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, and alcohol.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you have asthma, glaucoma, trouble urinating, or a stomach ulcer or other problems with your digestive system.
- This medicine may make you drowsy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or sleepiness
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 4/4/2018