Zinc oxide (On the skin)
Zinc Oxide (zink OX-ide)
Treats and prevents diaper rash.
Aquaphor Healing Cream Baby, Aquaphor Healing Paste Baby, Aveeno Baby Essential Daily Care, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, DermacinRx Therazole Pak, Desitin Maximum Strength Original, Desitin Rapid Relief Creamy, Diaper Rash, Dr. Smith's Diaper, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Diaper Rash Creamy, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Zinc Oxide, Good Sense Diaper Rash, Johnson's Baby First Touch Gift Set, Johnson's Bathtime, Johnson's Tiny TravelerThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:Do not use this medicine if your child has had an allergic reaction to zinc oxide. Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, cuts, or infections.
How to Use This Medicine:
Cream, Ointment, Paste
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Clean the baby's diaper area with mild soap and water. Allow the skin to dry before you apply the medicine and put on a new diaper.
- Apply the medicine to the diaper area every time you change the diaper. Use this medicine any time the baby might be in a wet diaper for a longer time, such as at nap time or overnight.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Check with your doctor to find out if you can use other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If the diaper rash symptoms do not improve within 7 days or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- Call your doctor if the diaper rash gets better and then comes back.
- Call a poison control center right away if anyone accidentally swallows the medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 4/4/2018