Alcaftadine (Into the eye)
Prevents itching of the eye caused by allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye).
LastacaftThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to alcaftadine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Use this medicine as directed.
- If you are using more than one type of eye drop medicine, wait at least 5 minutes before you put another eye drop in the same eye.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it.
- Contact lenses: Remove contacts before you put the drops in your eyes. Wait at least 10 minutes before you put your contacts back in. Do not wear contacts if your eyes are red.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Burning, stinging, redness, itching, or other eye irritation
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 3/4/2018