Amyl nitrite/sodium nitrite/sodium thiosulfate (By injection)
Treats cyanide poisoning.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:Because cyanide poisoning can be life-threatening, there is no reason not to use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bluish skin, lips, or nails
- Weak pulse, cold or clammy skin, sweating
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 1/4/2018