Antiacne antibacterial (On the skin)
Treats severe acne.
Acne Medication 10, Acne Medication 5, Acne Treatment, Acne-10, Acne-5, Avar LS Cleanser, Azelex, BPO Foaming Cloths, BPO-10, BPO-5, Benzac AC, Benzac AC Wash, Benzac W Wash, BenzePro Foaming Cloths, Benzoyl Peroxide 10 GelThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any ingredients.
How to Use This Medicine:
Lotion, Liquid, Cream, Gel/Jelly, Soap, Pad
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine to your skin and rub it in gently.
- If you are using the lotion form of this medicine, shake it well just before each use.
- If you are using the pledget form, leave the pledget applicator in its foil pouch until you are ready to use the medicine. Use each pledget only one time and throw it away after use.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you have problems with your digestive tract.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- This medicine can cause diarrhea. Call your doctor if the diarrhea becomes severe, does not stop, or is bloody. Do not take any medicine to stop diarrhea until you have talked to your doctor. Diarrhea can occur 2 months or more after you stop taking this medicine.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. You may need to stop using this medicine several days before you have surgery or medical tests.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Diarrhea that may contain blood.
- Redness or peeling of treated skin areas.
- Worsened acne or symptoms of new skin infection.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning, itching, or dry skin.
- Oily skin.
- Stomach pain or discomfort.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/4/2018