Clocortolone pivalate (On the skin)
Clocortolone Pivalate (kloe-KOR-toe-lone PIV-a-late)
Relieves pain, itching, or swelling of the skin.
ClodermThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clocortolone pivalate.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
- You should not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on your child, if your child is treated in the diaper area.
If a dose is missed:
- Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Excessive crying (in children).
- Gaining weight around your neck, upper back, breast, face, or waist.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning, itching, irritation, or dryness of your skin.
- Discoloration of your skin.
- Excessive hair growth.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Last Updated: 3/4/2018