Water, sterile (By breathing)
Water, Sterile (WA-ter, STARE-il)
Used to clear your airways. Used with other medicine to treat certain lung or breathing problems.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:Your doctor will determine when you should not use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- You will use this medicine with an inhaler device called a nebulizer. The nebulizer turns the medicine into a fine mist that you breathe in through your mouth and to your lungs. Your caregiver will show you how to use your nebulizer.
- This medicine is sometimes given through a face mask. It also may be given inside a plastic tent that is placed around your head. The medicine is put into the air of the tent for breathing.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store unopened vials of this medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze. An open vial of medicine must be used right away.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine container and any leftover medicine. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- You should not receive this medicine as an injection.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- There are no known side effects.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/4/2018