The Occupational Therapy Department at Lima Memorial Rehabilitation offers a variety of services to help people who have had a stroke, injuries or other conditions regain the skills they need for their job.
Occupational Therapy Services
- Splints and braces for hands, wrists and other joints, including custom-fitted splints
- Lymphedema clinic to diagnose and relieve swelling problems
- Measuring, fitting or customizing compression garments for post-surgical swelling
- Equine therapy at a local farm to help children with neurological or other disabilities improve posture and head control, gain endurance and improve social skills
- Evaluating patient readiness to drive after treatment for neurological or cognitive impairments
- Developmental therapy to improve basic skills for children
- Sensory integration therapy to help patients use all five senses together
- Therapeutic listening program to help children become more focused
- Feeding and Swallowing Clinic for patients with eating difficulties
- Vestibular balance therapy to relieve dizziness and improve balance for people with inner ear problems
To learn more, call Occupational Therapy, 419-226-5045.